Wow, it’s been a really long time since I’ve posted here. It’s not because I haven’t wanted to or haven’t had anything to say, it’s just that the pressure of writing here became overwhelming. Why, you ask?? Because I’m not a writer. I’m not funny or even interesting all the time. I put way too much pressure on myself to be creative and make people want to come back and it became something that I resented having to do and isn’t that the exact opposite of what it’s supposed to be?? Well, I couldn’t stay away forever and I’ve decided that I am not going to put as much pressure on myself and I’m only going to update when I want to and not feel like I have to do it EVERY day. I also looked into what it would take to self host a site instead of using wordpress, but I’m not that good with html code or website design, so I’d better stick so something that is free. Maybe I can convince my brother to do a website for me since he graduated from college recently for IT and web design. Knowing my brother he will want me to pay him and I’m sure he’s not cheap!!
Life has been hetic, sad, exciting, and stressful lately. Too many things have happened to do full posts and give them justice, but I’ll give you the highlights:
- A childhood friend of mine died right after mother’s day of cancer
- My brother graduated college.
- My aunt died of cancer
- Will and I got a lot of our debt off of us. Two more bills to go and they are the small ones!!
- Will and I are planning a small vacation to Memphis!!
- I’ve become addicted to The Pioneer Woman and her recipes. (I’ve made so many of them at home I’m starting to think that I smell like garlic. and butter.)
- I haven’t photographed hardly anything in the last 3 months. I’m going to remedy that today.
- Will’s grandfather ended up in the hospital with double lung pneumonia and Will ended up in NY for a few days “just in case”. Will is home. His grandfather is still in the hospital.
- Will’s grandmother ended up in the hospital after being found unconscious on her bathroom floor. As far as I know, she is also still in the hospital.
So, there you have the quick version of my life for the last 3 months. I’ve got some exciting ideas about this blog and where I’d like to see it go, so if you haven’t abandoned me, THANKS! And maybe stick around because there is more to come!